SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zarbiya123

salt generator start-up questions

zarbiya123
16 years ago

We've had our pool for two months but I just got around to starting the AquaRite yesterday 24 hours after putting the recommended amount of salt in. (Everything was going so smoothly with the chlorine pucks, I just couldn't bear to get it all out of whack).

I started the salt generator yesterday at 100%, which was what the start-up guy had said to do. At the end of the day, the chlorine level seemed really high when I tested it (up to 5), though the salt reading was 3400, so I turned it down to 70% or so for the next day. Today it ran for 8 hours at 70% and now it's saying the salt is at 3700. I've been testing the pH and pulling it to normal levels with muriatic acid as necessary, also put some Jack's Blue in for the metal staining (diamond brite finish), but I don't know what to do about this reading.

Should I be worried about this reading? Also, what to do about the chlorine being so high? Turn it down lower than 70%? I realized too late that I was supposed to run it for 24 hours straight at the beginning (yesterday), which I didn't do. It says it's Generating, but I'm still nervous about the reading. It's also been raining all day today and yesterday-- could this have something to do with it?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner