SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laranita2

counter mounted waste bin?

laranita2
14 years ago

I've been searching high and low for an under-counter mounted waste receptacle to go next to our prep sink. I'm hoping to use it for kitchen scraps, and I really like the idea of just scraping it from the cutting board right into a hole in the countertop. Because I think it should be emptied frequently, and because I'm hoping to compost, I'd rather have an actual receptacle as opposed to just the trash chute - unfortunate, since the trash chutes are WAY cheaper!

I've found two models in all my searching... one is made by Rev-A Shelf and seems WAY too big (about 12" diameter, 11 L bin). It also has a plastic removable bin which I am hesitant about, as plastic could retain odors, etc.

The other one is made by Blanco Solon which appears to be a canadian company, and is definitely pricey... but boy it sure looks nice. The size appears appropriate, and it is stainless steel. I've included the link.

Is anyone aware of any other options?? (Get a trash chute and rig something myself?) I'd love to hear some thoughts on this....

Here is a link that might be useful: Blanco Solon counter waste bin

Comments (23)