SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
themomiam

Help - Coping (I'm sure it is subjective, but...) on fiberglass

Laura Ready
15 years ago

I am now 10 days out from the start of my install...and I guess I have just finally worked myself into a state of panic. My DH has from day one wanted to leave the fiberglass exposed around the edge of our pool. Hasn't wavered a bit. I am just not sure I'm gonna be happy with that through the years. I know it hasn't helped that I have sat here and mooned over everyone's beautiful pools on this forum. I have seen a few with the fiberglass exposed, but not many. I like cantilevered concrete, but I can't figure out how to sell DH. We are already over our original budget since we added to the pool size and increased our cost. I can't believe he went for that, actually. I am just ready to add some type of coping and deal with it. Precast concrete is probably the most economical, but the neighborhood pool on our street has the precast concrete, and every pool we've ever seen with it had stones coming off after not very long. Our PB has "brick coping" as the most-often requested upgrade, which I don't really want. Stones would be great, and I REALLY like that idea, but I am afraid the cost would just be even more than I can fathom at this point. I took DH to the local stone yard today to look at retaining wall stones "and other things" and he seemed not to care.

This is a huge investment for me, I only want to do it once, and I wanted to do the best I can for the money I have. Enough whining? Please give me some input that I can sell to DH -- oh yeah, he's a CPA.

Comments (20)