SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kell490

Intelliflow 4x160 , 1 speed 2hp, or 2 speed 2hp

kell490
15 years ago

HI,

I recently finished remodaling our pool 15k gal of 25 years old. I currenlty have a 1hp hayward pump that I some how cracked the housing by turning the pump off and not waiting long enough to turn it back on. It was about 10 seconds. Maybe the housing was weak. So I have to buy a new pump. I added a solor heater on my roof which I just finished installing and the 1hp pump did a good job pumping it up there its about 15' above the pool pump. Since I have to run the pump during the day I have to pay a higher rate of 7 cents per KWH at night im at about 5 cents per KWH. The cost of a high effecent quiet pump by jandy or pentair cost around $560-$650 for 2 speeds I would also have to by a 2 speed relay for my sun touch controller $80. The intelliflow plug directly into the controller so I would not need that relay. From what I have read here the intelliflow at full speed cost more to run then a single speed pump but at lower speeds it is better. I wonder if at the lower speed it would be able to pump the water to my solor. Some say it will and some say it wont. I would like to upgrade to a 2hp at least because our water fall was kind of weak with the 1hp and i wasn't able to run my skimmer and navagater pool cleaner at the same time. Should I just get a 2 speed jandy like the PHPF. The hayward I have now is loud I would like a quiet one.

Comments (5)