SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momoxan

Proposed Kitchen Layout - Need Advice

momoxan
13 years ago

Hi there - so glad I discovered this wonderful forum. We've just received out first pass at the cabinetry design. I know we need to make a few tweaks.

Problem: the pantry as currently designed 24" wide (1 fixed shelf, 4 pullouts). This isn't big enough for my family of 5. We need lots of storage for dry/canned goods and baking supplies. I can reduce the 18" cabinet next to the refrigerator to give more width to the pantry but am confused about how small I can go and still have a space that is useful. I'm guessing a tray cabinet can't be smaller than 10" wide, and I wouldn't want a spice rack that far away from the range (which is on the other side of the room).

Also, I am thinking that single drawers on top of the two 34" cabinet (each w/2 rollouts) are two wide and will become a dump station. We have way too many utensils, but would it be better to do two sets of 2-16" drawers?

We are already increasing the depth of the pantry/refrigerator cabinet to 28" so the 27 cu.ft. LG fridge won't stick out too far. The upper cabs will go all the way up to the 9' ceilings.

THANKS for input for these questions and any other red flags you see.

Images #2 and 3 are the main cabinet run, #1 is the range side.

Here is a link that might be useful: MX Kitchen Plan - ver1

Comments (18)