SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kyerie1

Indoor Pool

kyerie1
16 years ago

I am going to build an indoor pool and would like some advice.

I want to do it right, yet don't want to spend too much. I can't define too much because I have yet to get a firm quote on a basic building.

I have been looking into traditional builds as well as SIPs (sprayed insulated) and ICF (insulated concrete form) for the building, but the problem of humidity remains. I don't

want to have to use a whole house dehumidifier because of the huge energy use. A wood stove is a solution but the idea of burning wood and releasing debris into the environment as well as starting a fire everyday in winter (I'm near Buffalo, NY) stinks. I'd love to use a solar solution anywhere possible.

My second problem is with the filtration. Several family members have a problem with chlorine. We are looking at a salt system, but that uses chlorine as well and I don't know if it will be a similar problem because it's indoors.

Another problem is heating. I'd like to keep the pool at 82, but according to all I've read I need to keep the room 2 degrees higher (to limit humidity). In this area that means I will use the heater most of the year and that is frightening, energy-use wise.

Can ceiling fans help with the humidity, by moving the air over the open windows?

Again, I'm all for using alternative energy forms, solar and geo, but I don't know what can work.

Has anyone out there done anything like this.

Any suggestions, experiences appreciated.

Comments (13)