SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19735161

Sending Out My Quilt - Opinions Please

User
14 years ago

Hi Folks,

Question for the group please. I'm sending out for Long Arm quilting a twin size bed quilt I've just made. It's my first long arm AND my first bed quilt. (It's for my Mom, who turns 80 this year.)

I assumed I'd do the binding. The LA Quilter (Bill who also LAQs for my LQS in NYC) has included that in the estimate in case I wanted it.

Normally, I machine sew my bindings to the front, turn them to the back & hand tack the back. My Mom lives in assisted living & laundry is done for her. Given that, I'm wondering if I have Bill machine stitch the binding front & back, will it wear better over time (than if I've hand tacked the back)?

Am new to giving out my work for someone else to work on, am a bit nervous (even tho' this man is HIGHLY recommended & happens to be the FIL of my Oral Surgeon who also referred me). I met w/ him late December & conveyed the design & we chose the thread. We hadn't gotten around to pricing, so that's where we are, working out these details. I'm aiming for Mother's Day!

I'd welcome opinions & TIA.

Comments (24)