SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chimacalgal

Would you buy a house with a trickling rock wall behind it?

CJ Mac
11 years ago

I don't know if this is the best place to post this, but didn't know where else to do it. We're looking at a house that's under construction right now, and it's got probably the best view in the entire complex. But they cut into the side of a hill to excavate the lot.

It rained on Monday and we viewed it on Tuesday. It didn't bother us that there were puddles all over since there's no sod in yet and it's all really a mess. But what did concern us is that the side of the hill behind the house looked wet--and then I noticed a trickle of water coming out from the rocks.

Now we find that very attractive at a nature preserve, but we're not sure it's a good idea for a back yard. The agent assures us that "That's solid rock and it's not going anywhere." Also that the lot has been inspected and doesn't even need a French drain like many of the other lots--but they would put one in if we had a problem in the first year.

We don't know who could tell us if this is a problem or not. My husband loves the view but is inclined to choose another lot with a forest behind the house.

Comments (15)