SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20014168

Quilt size problem and bed skirts

14 years ago

Is anyone else having issues with planning out their quilt centers & borders to accommodate deep mattresses? Many of the patterns I fall in love with will fit the top of my mattresses perfectly (a full and a queen size), but the borders aren't wide enough to cover the sides of the mattresses adequately. We have two of the newer sleep number, really deep mattresses. Adding more border leaves the quilt looking ill-proportioned. And besides that, my full size was my grandparents bed and is VERY tall, about 33" from top of mattress to the floor, so I have to make all skirts for it anyway.

The other issue is that if the quilt manages to cover the mattress side, I usually end up with sheet and blankets hanging out unless I tuck everything in all the way around... which is a pain!

Has anyone made a "pseudo" bed skirt that actually falls from the top of the mattress, rather than between mattress and box spring? I'm concerned that it might look too "billowy" coming from the top. I'm really in a quandary over this and hope someone has some solutions!

Thanks, Kay

Comments (4)