SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Anyone have dark painted trim/woodwork? Does it work for you?

My renovated kitchen has dark counters and backsplash. Cabinets are a warm golden color ash wood. 2 + years after reno, we still have the original white painted trim (boring old colonial moldings) because I canÂt make up my mind on whether a dark color for trim would look good or make the overall kitchen look too dark. We could paint them a "wood color" as a compromise but there is already so much going on in there in wood tones (floor is wood too).

Counter is dark tomato red with prominent black veining (Red Dragon granite), backsplash is mostly dark green marble with white veins; with a strip of red running through to tie in the colors. Sounds odd but it DOES work.

IÂm considering both deep red or green colors.

It does not photograph well: the counter and backsplash always comes off looking darker because the camera/flash canÂt adjust for the bright light coming in the windows. I can lighten the shot in Photoshop but then that throws the lighter tones off. The paint color is NOT bright turquoise! Really!

Argghhh! I need a push to get off this fence! If it worked for you (dark colored trim) please tell or show me! Thanks!

Comments (5)