SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ardcp

help with push/pull backwash valve needed

ardcp
9 years ago

i have a pentair fns plus de filter. the whole pool was installed last summer. i can not get the valve to release to the backwash position. i called the pool company but they are 7-10 days out for a service call.
so here is what i have done, released the pressure by opening the air valve? on the top of the filter(where it tell you the pressure and when to clean) i should then be able to turn the handle to unlock and pull up but it feels stuck. i even unscrewed the collar on the assembly and tried to pull the whole thing up and out of the piping (per person that i talked to on the phone from the pool company) but it is vey stuck even with the collar completely off. i saw a utube video on changing out the whole valve and watched the guy do what i did and pull the whole valve out but mine is stuck in place.
any advice or suggestions?
my filter has not been backwashed all summer, is just now at the clean mark and is being closed on the 30th so 14 days. should i not bother with backwashing and just have the pool company clean the filter? i am afraid to try it myself as it is still under warranty and my pentair gas heater already had to be repaired. i don't want my warranty voided by diy ing the maintenance.
also the bozo on the phone (sales guy) said the filter should be cleaned twice a year. is that right? it runs may to end of sept and i was under the impression it was done at the end of the season

Comments (5)