SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizziebethtx

Floor 2 be grouted tomorrow...he doesn't want to grout under cabs

lizziebethtx
14 years ago

I hope someone can help me with this in time. My kitchen tile floor was laid today....but it still needs to be grouted. GC told us he is NOT going to grout tomorrow...but begin to install cabinets instead. I asked him how would we grout underneath the cabinets if they are installed first. He responded he doesn't grout tiles under the cabinets. That seems awfully half-a@@ed to me. He is the one who told us we needed to tile the entire floor...not just up to the cabinets in the event we had to remove cabinets or re-do the kitchen down the road. So, after posing the question on this forum and having everyone agree with him, we did agree to tile the entire floor. However, now that it's done he doesn't want to grout the entire floor...and says if the kitchen changes down the road it can be grouted then. Of course, the obvious thing is the grout won't match at that point. We are dumbfounded as to why he would want to do this. Has anyone ever faced this particular thing with a contractore? Is there something I'm not thinking of that is a legitimate reason not to grout the entire floor first and then install cabinets? Thanks in advance.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths