SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cali_wendy

I think I love these pendants. Is there an affordable knock-off?

cali_wendy
13 years ago

We've been using our kitchen for 19 months since we remodeled. There are still several small to large fixes that need to happen, so we're not officially "done."

I am finally in the market to purchase some mini pendants for over my island. In retrospect I would have wired for 2 medium-sized pendants, but alas there are 3 boxes in my ceiling to accommodate 3 mini pendants. So, that is what I am searching for.

Back story...I don't want to spend a fortune on these lights, as we will have to open up the ceiling down the road when we do our Phase II addition. We hope to level the ceiling at that point (we should have done it when it was gutted the first time, but I digress), so I may wire it differently at that point in time.

Phase II will likely not happen for another 3 or more years. So, I would like to find pendants that I really like, but would hate to spend a fortune on something that I may ditch down the road. Plus, I don't have a fortune to spend right now anyway.

Well, that is a lot of blabber for some mini pendant advice. Sorry! Let's cut to the chase. Here is a photo of a pendant that I think I love. They are a budget buster at $625 each. I have never seen anything similar. Any ideas for a less expensive knock-off? Or something with the same look/feel? I appreciate any feedback. You all are the best!

And you've likely seen my kitchen, but just in case, here is an old shot. (Note: There is a casual sofa where the 2 chairs are now, so don't let that sway your advice on style.)

Thank you in advance for input. I am totally open to other options also, so if you have an idea for me, please throw it out there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Expensive Currey & Company Pendants

Comments (31)