SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
junkyardgirl

Good morning!

junkyardgirl
15 years ago

I hope every mother here had a great Mother's Day. It was also my birthday, but I had to work, so no celebration. I don't "do" birthdays anymore, actually. I heard from my older son, and my sister and mother. My mother's birthday is May 17, and I've already arranged a very nice gift for her, which my sister will pick up today and take to her on her birthday. Won't say what it is here, just in case someone knows her (never can tell) and should spoil the surprise.

My son always sends gifts late, so of course, he did this time too. LOL He called to say that of course, the gift would be late, but never the love. He says he's sending something I want, and I HOPE it's the posters from the two plays he's produced. I want to frame them and make my whole home office into a tribute to my kids, with pictures and momentos everywhere. I'm very sentimental, and it makes me happy to have things they have made me or accomplishments from their lives surrounding me.

So work is going fine. I'm not released to do my regular job yet, but at least I'm getting a full paycheck, so I don't have to worry about bills. It's been horrible, having to fret about whether this got paid or that. The big kicker was the homeowner's insurance bill. I've had 5 companies in 5 years. They keep going broke! All this started after the four hurricanes in 2004, including Charley, which devastated the counties just south and east of me. So my insurance more than doubled, almost tripled, and now I have to pay 40% of it up front every time I get a new company. That 40% is due May 23rd. I had to go to social services here in town to get help with utilities so I could use that money for the insurance. This month will be o.k., but next month, I have my quarterly property taxes, which will be another financial strain, but at least I'll have more income then.

I'll end here, as this is getting way too long.

Comments (4)