SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rookie_2010

Losing sleep---second guessing the backsplash

rookie_2010
14 years ago

Hello all,

I'd like to get some feedback on my backsplash design before it's installed....tomorrow...YIKES

I've had some difficulty with my new kitchen. In a nut shell, my slightly off-white cabinets have some pink undertones that are somewhat pronounced certain times of the day. Also, the cabinets are a bit more on the creamy side than the paint sample indicated when I ordered....

The very little bit of wall space that is visible near the backsplash area is SW Dried Thyme, a medium, slightly cool green (to offset the pink undertones) I have black perimeter counters and a honed calacatta island top. My plan was to have a thick frame made from the slab remnants for behind the range and white subway tile would go inside the frame and in all other backsplash areas.

Now that I have creamy cabinets, I opted to stay away from the white subway. I still have the marble frame and opted to get a calacatta honed 3/4x3/4 squares mosaic for inside the frame and all other backsplash areas......

I thought I'd go through this with confidence and no second guessing but it's not to be.....

Anyone kind enough to offer thoughts on this idea? I'm including a link to a backsplash that my original inspiration came from, just picture it with the squares. I'm just not sure what the squares are going to "say" about my kitchen. The calacatta subway tile was too busy and I didn't want to waste that frame.......is this going to work??? I really love how the squares look like individuals when grouted, some are gray, some white, some tan.

Thank you in advance for any of your thoughts and ideas. I really, really value the help I receive from all of you on this forum!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1416859}}

Comments (5)