SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swimkin

Before Signing Realtor Contract

Zoe52
11 years ago

The ReMax agent that we recently selected has a 5-6% commission fee. We have not signed any contract as of now. I do have some questions before signing I wanted to ask him but thought I would run them through people here first.

If a listing Realtor has a 6% fee how is that generally divided when the Realtor is an Independent Realtor with ReMAX?

Since I want my home shown as much as possible so that I can move out of here, would it be feasible to ask the Realtor to give the buyer's Realtor a higher commission and advertise it so that other Realtors bring more buyers through the house? I would think it would generate more customers coming through the home if the buyer Realtor's know they could collect a higher commission when selling this home to one of their clients.

I am wondering if this is ever negotiated before hiring a Realtor.

I would assume that it would bring in more customers giving my home more exposure and in turn sell the home faster. If it sells sooner this would save him money on having to continually pay for ads, etc to market my home. I am already giving him a good period of time before we officially list the home. (We don't plan to show it prior to mid-April)

I suggested he put a sign up in the yard already that says coming soon. I am also considering allowing him to put the home on Multiple listing to generate interest but only to state that it will not be open for showings until such and such a date. We wanted a Broker's Open House ONLY. Should that occur before or after the home is on the MLS?? Does it even matter??

What do you think? I will be signing papers to use this Realtor tomorrow.

Are there any other things I need to be aware of before signing with this Realtor? Even though we will be signing a 6 month contract this Realtor allows a kick out clause within a month if I am not happy with his services. (One of the primary reasons I am hiring him!)

Comments (16)