SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
centex43

Poolguynj (or other experts)- should new pool be salt water, chlo

Centex43
11 years ago

Scott (or other experts),

I really appreciate your time you devote to this forum and I hope your health is getting better. I have read this forum for the past couple months and see that you have a pretty good reputation. I have a question for you or other experts in pools, so here it goes.

I am in the process of choosing a few pool builders to interview and design my pool. I have read conflicting thoughts about what type of inground pool to build- either salt water, chlorine, etc. Background- I live in central Texas between Austin and San Antonio and the water here is "hard" meaning alot of calcium/limestone and without a water softener on the house our faucets would drip with the buildup. What are your thoughts about the type of system we should seriously consider? I am banging my head on the desk trying to figure out what would be best. More backgroud- I have 2 acres, septic system (no sewer available) city water supply. Let me know if you need more info to give an opinion. I really appreciate everyone's time. Once we get into the proposal/quoting process I'd like to post them to have people's input. I don't know squat about pumps, filters, etc...yet:) Have a good day.

Matt

Comments (10)