SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calliope_gw

Sewing Machine Gods, Quilting Godesses, phases of the Moon

calliope
11 years ago

AAAAACK! Yesterday the sewing machine and I were one and inspired...........seams flew in like a song and I coulda knocked out the last quarter of FMQ my current project at one sitting. But, I had to do my marketing, and errands, and work in the greenhouse.

This morning, I had a good night's sleep. No agendas outside the sewing room, and sat down to do the last four sixteen inch block sections of the current project.

I've been at it over an hour now. Broke one needle, had to stop and fill another bobbin, the screw failed holding the needle assembly to the machine and I had to find another and replace it. Had to take the darning foot off. Had to fiddle with the tensions four or five times. Had to rip out two lengths of stitching. I even ran out of quilt sandwiches to test drive the stitches and make more. I am stopping now to have a cup of tea and adjust my mental center.

I've come to the conclusion that one cannot budget their time when it comes to quilting. It just is what it is and there is a force greater than you, unseen and lurking and probably laughing.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH