SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andt_gw

Newbie - Pool in Massachusetts

andt
14 years ago

Hi everyone,

Okay well after years of discussions and ideas we decided to embark on a HUGE undertaking and install an in ground vinyl liner pool. Since we are definitely in a cold climate we wonder how much use we will get out of it this year! Anyway, after beginning the excavation last week we encountered A LOT of ledge which has really increased the cost of the project. We decided early on to keep it simple and have a 16x32 rectangular vinyl liner pool which will be easier to maintain and hopefully withstand the harsh climate around these parts. Having been a swimmer for years I wanted to stay with the simple rectangular design. To make a long story short they started putting in the steel wall today but the grass area completely around (not just the access point) looks completely destroyed. There are a number of ruts but also a lot of compacting and natural construction debris. Has anyone had any experience with whether this will regenerate from year to year or whether we should consider the additional cost of just re-sodding it or re-seeding it? Also, which approach would be best re-sodding which is generally more expensive or reseeding?

Thank you in advance and I hope that I haven't gotten in over my head with this project :) Hopefully once the pool itself is in I can start looking for more ornamental landscaping desing ideas :)

Have a wonderful day!

Comments (9)