SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susandances3

Newbie and New Pool Questions in CT

Susandances3
10 years ago

My husband and I have had 4 PBs and have chosen our top 2. My biggest dilemma right now is where to place the pool. Our house is on 1 acre, but it is longer rather than wide. The three biggest issues are the well that is smack in the middle of our yard (and right off our patio),the 25 foot setback that our town requires, and the numerous trees (my husband isn't fond of taking down a lot of trees). The pool needs to be 25 feet away from the well. It doesn't leave us with much space in between the setback. We could choose a smaller size pool (16x32), but one PB suggested we put the pool farther back from our house/patio, but that would mean taking down 20 or so trees...probably not going to fly with hubby due to losing trees and cost. Plus, that would mean that the poolwould be quite a bit away from the house.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. We live in CT. Pool will probably not go in until early spring. We have settled on vinyl. I would like a freeform, but both PBs are leading me towards a rectangle. It's a huge investment and I just want to be sure that we do the right thing.

One more issue...our backyard is very wet. It slopes across the backyard. It's not a huge slope, but just enough that the water runs down from our neighbor to the left and then down to our neighbor to the right. The summer is fine, but we had such a rainy/wet spring I am concerned about this, too.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (10)