SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
needsometips08

Vote - which floor/cabinet color combo

needsometips08
14 years ago

I am sure at least some of you know how I have been sitting dead in the water regarding flooring and cabinet stain choices for at least 2 months. Even when I feel great about what I am doing, inevitably I end up feeling terrible again about it. It's truly a nightmare and I just wish I could walk away from the whole thing.

So since I am having so much trouble, maybe I should switch my choices and end this paralyzation.

Please vote if you think I should keep the original vision in #1 or abandon it for #2:

Granite is Golden Beaches. My actual slab:

Those unfortunately are not the cabinet doors. Mine are birch and raised panel. I have two painted pieces in my kitchen also (cream color with glaze): a hutch and a display bookshelf piece.

Please vote. I have no photos because neither of these samples have been worked up by the finisher even though they have worked up about 5 samples for me by now. UG.

1. CURRENT CHOICE - NATURAL HICKORY FLOOR

Cabinet stain in a caramel color that matches the darker caramel in the hickory. Light colored slate in nearby fireplace, coffee table, and possibly in backsplash. Designer has met with me 4 times now to assure me that it's going to be beautiful, and she has done hickory projects before. Very earthy and Pacific Northwesty. I am in the PNW foothillls in a very traditional style neighborhood and home. Very concerned it will end up looking like a lodge or just too busy.

2. NEW CHOICE - NATURAL WHITE OAK FLOOR

The cabinet door would be adjusted to something that went well with the granite. Maybe like one of the doors up against the granite slab in the photo. Concerned it might be a bit humdrum and boring, and worst of all already outdated, especially since oak and busy granite are already yesterday's news according to some.

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals