SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
busyredhed

Muriatic Acid and Phosphates Question

busyredhed
15 years ago

I have two questions that I need answers to if anyone can help...

1. What do you use to lower your phosphates. I have been using PhosFree and Maintenance with PhosFree/PoolPerfect. I have gone through 3 $35.00 bottles this year so far of the regular PhosFree and Leslie's wants me to go get my fourth because my Phosphates are only down to 1,000. I don't get a lot of debris in my pool so I'm not sure if this stuff really works that well. I have also heard of something called SeaKlear(around the same price). Which one is better? Or is there something else I can use?

2. I've been using Muriatic Acid from Lowes and ended up buying more from Leslie's. They told me that theirs was more potent and that Acid dilutes with shelf life and the one I get from Lowes probably doesn't do the job well(I need to add a little every couple of days). I bought theirs which fumes a lot and the smell nearly kills me which I didn't have these issues with the Lowes brand which didn't fume or smell very much at all. I thought, OK, this must be more potent. But.. Here I am two days later putting more acid. Is there a difference if the acid fumes more and smells more?? Does it dilute over time while sitting on the shelf??

Thank You

Comments (13)