SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
soivos

Pebble-Tec Emerald Bay, Shell & Mosaic Questions

soivos
16 years ago

Hi Everyone,

We are going to be building a pool next year and working out the details right now. My husband is in charge of mechanicals, etc. and I get aethetics!

We've seen a Pebble-Tec pool in Tahoe Blue and a Pebble-Sheen in Ocean Blue (the latter is one of the finishes with shell).

Both of us have been reading forums, searching archives and generally researching all the pros and cons of all the options out there--it's almost like paint--too many choices!

We liked the Tahoe Blue, and I really liked the little shell bits in the Ocean Blue, but am wondering how they hold up since the company won't warrant those pieces--is that just a matter of their not having done it long enough to know, or that individual pool chemistry varies, etc.?

Some of you have posted that you chose your finish and then had your builders add shell to it if it wasn't in that finish originally. Did this create any problems? Was is particularly expensive to do? Has anyone done a finish with shell and then regretted it later? (or the reverse. . .)

I'm intrigued by the Emerald Bay finish, but haven't found any pictures of it other than on the Pebble-Tec website. If anyone has a pool with this finish, I'd love to see photographs. I like the little green pebbles in the aggregate and the medium-dark color, but worry that it will make the water look too green--the 'underwater' picture on the web-site doesn't look green at all, but that may not be the case in 'real life'.

Finally. . . I know some states require steps and such to be marked with tile/mosaics and I'm wondering if we should consider that. I like the idea of a beautiful, simple finish but wonder about safety for the very youngest (and oldest!) swimmers. If we mark the steps and drop-offs, will it be safer for them but still look as nice to us?

I'd really appreciate any thoughts, suggestions or photographs anyone might care to share on the Pebble-Tec Emerald Bay finish (or others!), Shell bits and Tile/Mosaic markers.

Thanks very much,

Teresa

(zone 7, Maryland)

Comments (10)