SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

April Quilting/Sewing Goals

Here we are into the 4th month of 2009 already!

Goals this month are few.....

Finish quilting around kittens

Row By Row border (maybe Attic Window)

Red border on Boston Terrier

Sew Basket Weave horizontal rows

Finish AIAD block

2 BD blocks

Trim blue/neutral HSTs

Red border on Boston Terrier

Make 4 Heart Comfort Blocks

Make 3 heart blocks for the Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Quilt Project

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: CHD Awareness Quilt Project info

Comments (45)

• polardream
    15 years ago

That is scary! Only 2 more months of school (yahoo shouts the teacher!) I am carrying over several goals ... and tweaking some.
    1. 2 blocks for April lotto
    2. squares for I SPy exchange
    3. Continue handquilting ... try to finish at least 2 blocks this month.
    4. sandwich piecemakers bd blocks from last year
    5. more practice on FM quilting (I have a real problem with the whole freemotion part of this ... it seems too random for me! - maybe I need to draw a pattern out???
    6. Clean guest room (my sewing room) before Moms come to visit in May ...

Thanks for posting!
    Sue

• lindaoh_gw
    15 years ago

Goals for April

1. Finish DWR.
    2. Block of the month at local shop.
    3. Block of the month at Block Central.
    4. Kid's quilt for quilt guild.

Linda OH

• Related Discussions

April Quilting/Sewing Goals

Q

Comments (46)
    -Quit putting tops on the frame so I can finally get the machine sent off. gotta do one more before I send it in -Finish clipping seams on rag quilt done -Make lots of crumb blocks and clean out the scrap box done, have over 100 now -Make some strip blocks and clean out the strip box done, have enough for a comfort quilt, almost twin size Last one to do! -Spring wall hanging EXTRA: -Got all my left over triangles sewn into HSTs. Not trimmed yet, but all sewn. -Gave machine a good cleaning last night, she needed it. One of my co-worker's husband is having a lobe of his left lung removed Tuesday and I need to get a quilt finished for him this weekend. So the wall hanging and machine repair will get moved to May. Getting there. (Thanks Sharon, it works!) beverly
    ...See More

May 2013 Quilting/Sewing Goals

Q

Comments (18)
    It's time to remind y'all about your to-do list for this month. How's it going? 1. Sandwich a QOV - DONE and am quilting it....would be nice if I can get it all done this month. 2. Make DGD a bed-caddy - DONE 3. I'm allowing myself to start another quilt. - I pulled out the pink and white 3-D pinwheel blocks I had made a few years ago and sewed them together and put a pieced border on. I think that's all it requires so hope to get it sandwiched this month. Not sure how to quilt it. FWIW.....don't think I'll make anymore of the 3-D blocks. While they are pretty and fun, they boggle my mind for a 'quick' way to quilt....and I don't want to tie it, though a 'tie' in the middle of the pinwheels wouldn't be such a bad thing.......hmmmm. Oh, and I got my garden in...whooooohooooo. All five pink flowers, a yellow tomato plant and hanging basket with purple flowers......all on the front porch where I can see and enjoy them! I am such a garden whiz!!! LOL SharonG/FL PS: My sister is home and has a long recovery time ahead of her, but we're glad she's home and recovering. Her doctors told her that 70% of the people who are under 65 years of age, do not live through this, plus, she had the blood clot in her lung to deal with. Thank you everyone for your prayers.
    ...See More

April, 2016 Quilting/Sewing Goals

Q

Comments (13)
    Sharon, that's awesome! I'm so glad your vision is better! I'm still stalling. LOL. I test-stitched my embroidery design, and it's beautiful! Now I just need to test it on the actual fabric. I did a test of my machine applique cross, and my MA stinks! I haven't done any in a long time. My curves are really bad. So, next test is a hand-applique version. If that doesn't work plan C is to machine embroider the cross. This past weekend I was just frustrated with the whole thing. Maybe I'll give it a try one evening this week. Most of next weekend will be spent house cleaning, getting ready for my sister's visit. :) Donna
    ...See More

April, 2018 Quilting/Sewing Goals

Q

Comments (14)
    I’m a bit late to the discussion but my April/May sewing goals are to sew the pillow covers I’ve already cut the pieces for and put aside. These are for some smaller throw pillows to go on the sofa, and will be washable (definitely need to be washable when the dog likes to lay on sofa pillows!) and at least one pair will be triangle squares-pinwheel pattern. It took me a while to find what I was looking for in fabric on Etsy (stores in my area didn’t have any Asian themed material let alone any in the colors navy/silver).
    ...See More
  • day2day
    15 years ago

I'm just going to list my WIPs,UFOs--don't know which ones I'll work on.

UFOs
    1.binding on a chinese coins quilt made in 2008-name is'Common Cents'.
    2.windmill top from 2008 that needs to be quilted.
    3.Christmas 2008 top that needs to be quilted.

WIPs

1.D9P #2 blocks- to be put together
    2.D9P #3 blocks- to be put together
    3.Warm Wishes variation -borders needed
    4.Snowball variation top--borders needed
    5.'Sports Boxes' blocks-- need to be made into a top.
    6.baby quilt--needs quilting.

Wishing everyone luck with projects. Happy quilting!!!

~Geraldine

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sue, Carry overs are allowed! The list is just a guide of what you'd like to get done. So, mom's coming for a stay? Have fun and make memories. RE free motion, I think I've read where drawing out a pattern is a great way to get into it. I was watching a quilting show once and they said to practice making lower case e's and capital L's.

Linda, Does everyone in your guild make a kids quilt to donate? Just seems like that's in my mind.

Geraldine, Making the list is good enough. You can pick and choose to your hearts content.

At the end of the month, don't forget to add the things you did that weren't on your list. I started doing this mainly so I'd have a record at the end of the year of what I did each month.

SharonG/FL

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

Let's see....

1. 1 BOM for guild
    2. 1 fabric box (should have done it in Mar)
    3. Load sunflower quilt on frame & practice ruler work
    4. Add 2 borders to blue/white twin
    5. Quilt blue/white twin
    6. Add beads to jacket
    7. Embroider logo on 12 shirts (should be #1 !!)
    8. Sandwich and machine quilt paisley wallhanging (on standard machine)

That should keep me busy, huh?

• lluvtoquilt
    15 years ago

Goals for the month:

1. Make kids quilt for 4 yr old.
    2. Finish quilting pinwheel bed quilt
    3. applique BOM "I Believe In Angels"
    4. Prep block #5 Piecemakers applique quilt
    5. Buy fabric for wedding quilt for DD.

Not too ambitious for this month. Have a lot of non quilting things taking place this month. Don't you just hate it when life gets in the way of quilting? LOL

• woodenzoo
    15 years ago

I've been watching how this has been helping others get things done, maybe it'll help me too!
    Here's my list of things to complete this month.

1.Finish table runner- the top is done, but needs sandwiching, quilting and binding
    2.Finish a couple of blocks for son's quilt
    3.One or two blocks for the April/May paper piecing lotto
    4.One or two blocks for the Block Lotto
    5.Cut new binding and bind a WIP table runner
    6.Work on a grocery tote for a friend

lluvtoquilt, please show us your pinwheel quilt when you do get it finished. I've got one on my list of 'some day', but not sure quite how I want to do it.
    Thanks!
    Cathy

• lindaoh_gw
    15 years ago

Yes Sharon, everyone in the guild has to make at least one kid's quilt for Camp Whatchawanado. It's a camp for kids with cancer and we try to provide each child with a quilt. It is held over Father's Day weekend and the following week.
    We now have over 100 members in the guild and we need about 125 quilts for the camp. I think there is another small guild that makes quilts too.
    Linda OH

• polardream
    15 years ago

Sharon, thanks for the advice on the FM quilting ... will give it a try! Yep, not only is mom coming, but mom-in-law! They live 2 houses apart (yep, they get along great - I am so blessed!) They are traveling up together & spending about 2 weeks so May will be out for quilting - even though mom is the one who taught me how to quilt! she is bringing a couple quilts she has been working on.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jennifer, How do you keep Amanda occupied while you're getting your sewing done? Do you use the same technique for the fabric box as you do for the fabric bowl you taught us?

lovetoquilt, I have non-quilty things going on this month, too. DD#2 and family are coming for a week and then it'll take me a week to clean up and rest. lol

Cathy, Glad to have you join us. Hope it helps you.

Linda, I love the name of that camp! Hopefully the other guild will help to get the rest of the quilts made.

Sue, Don't ya love it when people/family members get along? I think that is so neat about your mom and MIL. It's probably nice for them, too. They have their own places, but still live close enough to do things together and have a social life.

Have a great day everyone.....

• grammyp
    15 years ago

I have one more comfort quilt to finish (almost done now) and then I want to get all my birthday blocks for the summer finished and ready to mail. Then I HAVE to get the sewing room cleaned and organized. I want to get my birthday blocks put together so I can at least take the tops to camp for the quilt show.

beverly

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

Sharon, if I'm lucky I can quilt/sew while Amanda naps...lately though, she's been incredibly unbearable (turns out she's got an ear infection) so not much getting done. If it's not naptime, then after the kids are in bed (9:30pm!!)...

The box idea was posted on another forum and uses fabric, cardboard or plastic (for stiffness), and ribbons to tie the corners up...Haven't done it yet, but it's cute.

• polardream
    15 years ago

Sharon,
    I can't begin to tell you how lucky I am with Moms! they have 2 houses in between them. They take turns cooking 4 nights a week (each cooks 2 nights - and share have dinner together. Both are busy - active - all the time! Love to travel - take cruises together, along with other lady friends and couples from their retirement community! The same is true for my sis & brother & their inlaws getting along (actually they all do things together .... kind of weird but it workds!)
    Just home from school conferences ... I am tired and talked out! maybe get some quilting in this weekend!
    Sue

• bonnie_nmi
    15 years ago

This month's goals are mostly carry-overs, and I'm probably being a bit optimistic even listing this many!

1. Bind and label bear paw quilt.

2. Quilt, bind and label larger penguin top.

3. Work toward finishing the older Lover's Knot tops - note that I still don't expect to get those finished! :) They're not as high on my priority list, but I'd like to see the end of them.

4. Start on DS#1's tee shirt quilt. He's 34 and has been saving favorite t's from runs and triathlons for over 20 years. This won't be a quick project, but I can at least start ironing interfacing on some and doing some cutting. This will be a learn-as-you-go process for me, but there are lots of good online sites with info.

5. Ahh - the crumb blocks! Finishing another 30 shouldn't be a problem, as I have at least 15 already started. To add more variety to the finished top, wallhanging, or whatever it turns out to be, all blocks started this month will have a recognizable design incorporated into them - a simple 4-patch, square in a square, star, little house, pinwheel, or whatever.

6. Finish table toppers for DS#2 and DIL's nightstands - to match their wedding quilt from summer 2007. I put the blocks away when straightening up the sewing room, then forgot about them, as DIL had said there was no rush. That's the wrong thing to say to me! LOL!!

With family obligations and some winter sowing to attend to, I'll be lucky to finish half of these goals, but it's nice to have a variety of choices. Right now, it's snowing so heavily I can hardly see across our little lake - great quilting weather, so I'd better get off the computer and get to work.

Bonnie

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

Make a new quilt for my DD's bed. I have the fabric, just not the time this week to get started. She has 'loved' her current one to death! I am also knitting some baby items this month. Seems like everyone is having boys and all the baby items I have made in advance (quilts) are for girls.

Rebecca

• salijo
    15 years ago

1. One birthday block (half finished already)
    2. One (maybe two) paper pieced lotto block
    3. Take individual photos of the birthday blocks I received and continue working on my Bobbin Babes notebook. When finished, I will have one page dedicated to each member with photos of what I received from them, what I sent them, and a photo of all the blocks they received.
    4. Hound the Bobbin Babes who have already had birthdays and haven't posted photos of all their blocks yet!
    5. Wash the rest of my fabric stash
    6. Possibly do a birthday block for June (nothing due in May)
    7. Possibly make a couple of blocks for a quilt I want to start (not the one I had planned to start with after all these years, but a simpler one.)

Yikes, that's a lot for me! I better get started!

Salijo

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok girls, I had a long post and somehow GW took me away from it! So, please consider yourselves all answered cause I'm too tired to do it again.

We have 7 family members coming in tomorrow for a week so you might not see much of me for awhile. Been moving furniture, buying food, plugged in the spare fridge and baking. The only quilty thing I've done is make some crumbs cause I wanted to sit at the machine but not really start something. I might just throw a sheet over my quilting/sewing area and let it go......

SharonG/FL

• day2day
    15 years ago

Sharon, it's great that your family are coming. Just relax and enjoy your time with them.

Seems like the gremlins have been acting up at GW. Yesterday,I couldn't get into the forum at all.

Have fun with the relatives.
    Life's short,eat dessert first!!!

~Geraldine

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh my, what a wonderful blessing it was to have the family (and extended family) here. If I wasn't in the kitchen cooking or cleaning up, I was at the store buying more food....altogether, 13 people. It's been forever since I cooked as much as I did this last week.....and enjoyed every bit of it!

I'm not sure how much I'll get done on my list, but I've made a start.

Quilt around kittens
    QAF Row by Row Border
    Red Border on Boston Terrier
    Finish Applique in A Day #5 (Have worked on)
    Border on ChrissyÂs Chunky Blocks
    3 CHD blocks
    Sew r/b Basket Weave horizontal rows
    Trim blue/neutral HSTÂs (Have worked on)
    BOM (Done)
    Crazy Crumb Blocks/on-going project (Have worked on)
    Mail Swap Blocks (Done)
    Make 4 Heart Comfort Blocks (Done and mailed)
    2 BD blocks

Everyone have a blessed week-end and I'm considering next week crack-the-whip week! @:)

SharonG/FL

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

1. 1 BOM for guild (DONE)
    2. 1 fabric box (should have done it in Mar)
    4. Add 2 borders to blue/white twin
    5. Quilt blue/white twin
    6. Add beads to jacket
    7. Embroider logo on 12 shirts (should be #1 !!) (Having problems)

Added: 1 paper pieced star block (DONE) Plus 1 extra one (DONE)

Looking back at my list, I guess I better get busy! LOl Haven't done squat! Today is a rainy day here so might have to hole up in my cave and sew!! ~~Must not forget to shop for easter basket stuff! ~~

Happy Easter everyone!

• bonnie_nmi
    15 years ago

I knew I was setting my goals too high this month! We're in the U.P. (Yes, even farther north, Sharon) at DS#1's for Easter and helping with a few projects. The only craft I packed was a half-finished sock, and I haven't even worked on that yet. As far as my quilting goals for the month ---

1. Bind and label bear paw quilt. (bound, not labeled yet)
    2. Quilt, bind and label larger penguin top. (quilted)
    3. Work toward finishing the older Lover's Knot tops
    4. Start on DS#1's tee shirt quilt. (Purchased the iron-on interfacing)
    5. Variety in crumb blocks (Have started some with pinwheels, flying geese and square-in-square as part of design.)
    6. Finish table toppers for DS#2 and DIL's nightstands.

According to the calendar, I still have lots of time to work on my list, but after returning home tomorrow, we'll be hitting the road again a few days later. I'm still determined to get a few quilty things accomplished, though.

Bonnie

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

Well, during Amanda's unusual morning nap I completed the fabric box, and 4 4-patch blocks for my sampler, and fabric cut for 10 flying geese. Those should go together real quick after lunch.

Later I hope to put 2 borders on my blue/white twin...One can only hope :)

Keep sewing everyone!

• lindaoh_gw
    15 years ago

Goals for April

1. Finish DWR.
    2. Block of the month at local shop.(DONE)
    3. Block of the month at Block Central. (DONE)
    4. Kid's quilt for quilt guild. (TOP IS DONE, NEED
    BACKING FABRIC. )

The kids will be here until Sunday afternoon. Next Friday I am going to the Chicago Quilt show. I hope to get some sewing done this week.

Linda OH

• lluvtoquilt
    15 years ago

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.

Updates on my list of goals;

1. Make quilt for 4 yr. old (top completed, need to quilt and bind)
    2. Quilt pinwheel quilt (about half quilted)
    3. Applique BOM I Believe in Angels
    4. Prep block #5 Piecemakers appliqued wallhanging
    5. Buy fabric for DD wedding quilt (she is still trying to decide which pattern she wants).

Haven't made too much progress yet but hope to finish the kids quilt over the next couple of days and then prep the applique to work on evenings. Then I can take my time finishing the quilting on the pinwheel queen size quilt.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey, it looks like we're doing an excellent job of keeping at our lists! I have 2 more things crossed off and will be working on another this week. WOOOOHOOOOO

• salijo
    15 years ago

UPDATE

1. One birthday block (Finished and sent out)
    2. One (maybe two) paper pieced lotto block (Just purchased the fabric today)
    3. Take individual photos of the birthday blocks I received and continue working on my Bobbin Babes notebook. When finished, I will have one page dedicated to each member with photos of what I received from them, what I sent them, and a photo of all the blocks they received (This isn't a huge priority and it will take the rest of the year to accomplish the entire project.)
    4. Hound the Bobbin Babes who have already had birthdays and haven't posted photos of all their blocks yet! (I hounded them last month with very little results, I might wait another month to hound again!)
    5. Wash the rest of my fabric stash (Washed a bunch, but not all, and now I have some more that I just purchased!)
    6. Possibly do a birthday block for June (ALMOST finished and ran out of thread! But just purchased more.)
    7. Possibly make a couple of blocks for a quilt I want to start (Cut out several pieces for this quilt)

Salijo

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

My UPDATE:

. 1 BOM for guild (DONE)
    2. 1 fabric box (DONE)
    4. Add 2 borders to blue/white twin (DONE)
    5. Quilt blue/white twin
    6. Add beads to jacket
    7. Embroider logo on 12 shirts (should be #1 !!) (still having problems)

• polardream
    15 years ago

I have 1 block for April lotto finished & bought more fabric ... also plan to use some for the black & white & ____ challenge.
    2. Mailed my squares for I SPy exchange
    3. finished 1 block on QS hand quilting
    4. got out a baby UFO to hand quilt while DH was having surgery ... forgot how cute it was & have been working a little on it every day since Friday

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I made 2 of the CHD heart blocks today.....I'm keeping that whip close by so I can crack it every so often. You girls must be able to hear it by the looks of the DONES on your lists. @:)

Sharon

• woodenzoo
    15 years ago

Here's where I'm at so far...

1.Finish table runner- the top is done, but needs sandwiching, quilting and binding
    2.Finish a couple of blocks for son's quilt (1 FINISHED)
    3.One or two blocks for the April/May paper piecing lotto (DONE)
    4.One or two blocks for the Block Lotto (DONE)
    5.Cut new binding and bind a WIP table runner
    6.Work on a grocery tote for a friend
    7.Work one B&W and __ Challenge

Now that I've got the lotto blocks done, I'm working on (a preview) one for next months lotto and I've added the B&W challenge to the list. I've got the pattern I want to use picked out, but have to pick the fabrics yet and try to get some preliminary work done.
    And I do have the table runners out and will start on them as soon as I get the one block done (which should be tomorrow).
    How is everyone else doing with their lists?
    Cathy

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Only 10 more days (counting today) left in April. I also added the Challenge. Will be interesting to see what more I get done on the list. There will be more sewing, but anything on the list????

Quilt around kittens
    QAF Row by Row Border
    Finish Applique in A Day #5 - Still working on
    Border on ChrissyÂs Chunky Blocks - DONE
    3 CHD blocks - 2 DONE, one cut out
    Sew r/b Basket Weave horizontal rows - DONE
    Trim blue/neutral HSTÂs - 80 are done 33 to go (or more)
    BOM - DONE
    Crazy Crumb Blocks/on-going project - have worked on
    Mail Swap Blocks - DONE
    Make 4 Heart Comfort Blocks - DONE and mailed)
    2 BD blocks - DONE
    THS Challenge - working on

I read this on another forum...at least this is the gist of it. If we quilt/sew a 'needles worth of thread' a day, we have the satisfaction that we worked on our project that day. I think that's what I'm doing with the applique I'm working on now.

Keep your lists handy and don't make them too difficult to attain. Time to be thinking about May projects.

SharonG/FL

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

1 BOM for guild (DONE)
    2. 1 fabric box (DONE)
    3. Load sunflower quilt on frame & practice ruler work (ON FRAME)
    4. Add 2 borders to blue/white twin (DONE)
    5. Quilt blue/white twin
    6. Add beads to jacket
    7. Embroider logo on 12 shirts (should be #1 !!) (STILL having problems)
    8. Sandwich and machine quilt paisley wallhanging (on standard machine) SANDWICHED

ADDED: 3 dresses for Cynthia ready for hemming, one more ready to sew

• salijo
    15 years ago

UPDATE #2
    2. One (maybe two) paper pieced lotto block (Finished one and have pieces cut for second one)
    3. Take individual photos of the birthday blocks I received and continue working on my Bobbin Babes notebook. When finished, I will have one page dedicated to each member with photos of what I received from them, what I sent them, and a photo of all the blocks they received (Worked a little on my pages, but this isn't a huge priority and it will take the rest of the year to accomplish the entire project.)
    4. Hound the Bobbin Babes who have already had birthdays and haven't posted photos of all their blocks yet! (I hounded them last month with very little results, I might wait another month to hound again!)
    5. Wash the rest of my fabric stash (Washed a bunch, but not all, washed a bunch more...still have some to do, but getting there!)
    6. Possibly do a birthday block for June (Finished!)
    7. Possibly make a couple of blocks for a quilt I want to start (Cut out several pieces for this quilt and finished two blocks)

This has been my most constructive month EVER!
    Salijo

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

Yeah Salijo!!! You go girl!!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Way to go, Salijo!!! Great job!!!!

Jennifer, Is your embroidery machine not doing what you want it to do or is it the logo? I'm sorry you've having problems with it, but you'll get it figured out eventually.

Sharon

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

Sharon, it's the logo itself. We're closer to it, just need DH to make a decision on which version to use now. I think.

THanks.... Off to hem some dresses for DD

• bonnie_nmi
    15 years ago

We've been out of town again - almost a week this time. I'm going to have to hustle to finish a few things before the end of the month.

2. Quilt, bind and label larger penguin top. (quilted)
    3. Work toward finishing the older Lover's Knot tops.
    4. Start on DS#1's tee shirt quilt. (Started cutting shirts.)
    5. Variety in crumb blocks (Have started some with pinwheels, flying geese and square-in-square as part of design.)
    7. Added - make and send three April lotto blocks. (DONE)

I need to relax in my sewing room after the busy week just past, so hopefully I'll finish at least one more goal.

Bonnie

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We have three more days.....I want to hear those machines whirring!

Sharon

• day2day
    15 years ago

I noticed that some people got a lot done and I also accomplished more than I expected.I barely came up for air, but I achieved most of my goals!!

1.quilt small Pinwheel quilt---DONE
    2.quilt small Christmas quilt---DONE
    3.quilt baby quilt--DONE
    4.put together D9P#2 blocks--DONE
    5.put together D9P blocks #3--DONE
    6. put borders on Snowball variation top---DONE
    7. put borders on Warm Wishes variation top---DONE
    8.put "Sports Boxes" blocks together---DONE
    9.put binding on "Common Cents" quilt---NOT DONE--can't decide what to use for a binding.

I am so proud of myself!!! Thank you again Sharon for this post.But I have quilter burnout-don't want to look at the sewing machine. Just as well, as I'm going to be digging in the dirt over the next while.

Hope everyone had a productive month.

~Geraldine

• salijo
    15 years ago

I probably won't be able to do anything more tonight to finish out my month as my two oldest grandchildren are spending the night tomorrow night....their parents are walking with my other daughter-in-law's March of Dimes team (Raina's Wings) early Saturday morning. I need to get some things straightened up around here for their visit.

UPDATE #3
    2. One (maybe two) paper pieced lotto block (Finished one and have pieces cut for second one)
    3. Take individual photos of the birthday blocks I received and continue working on my Bobbin Babes notebook. When finished, I will have one page dedicated to each member with photos of what I received from them, what I sent them, and a photo of all the blocks they received (Worked a little on my pages, but this isn't a huge priority and it will take the rest of the year to accomplish the entire project.)
    5. Wash the rest of my fabric stash (Washed a bunch, but not all, washed a bunch more...still have some to do, but getting there!)
    6. Possibly do a birthday block for June (Finished!)
    7. Possibly make a couple of blocks for a quilt I want to start (Cut out several pieces for this quilt and finished six blocks)
    Salijo

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

I haven't done much lately.

I did finish DD's last dress, only to find it needs more altering.

I am ready to embroider those 12 shirts, but haven't done so. Now have a dozen or so more from someone else.

Facing an intimidating quilt on the frame and am afraid to start...which is silly since I hate the quilt and am only using it for practice.

But last night I DID get back down there and did a BOM for guild and a pp block to show someone on another forum.

Here's hoping May starts out strong like April did....

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I wasn't able to do what I planned on doing yesterday and it won't be happening today, but I think everyone did super this month!!!!

Quilt around kittens
    QAF Row by Row Border
    Finish Applique in A Day #5 - Still working on
    Border on ChrissyÂs Chunky Blocks - DONE
    Sew r/b Basket Weave horizontal rows - DONE
    Trim blue/neutral HSTÂs - DONE
    BOM - DONE
    Crazy Crumb Blocks/on-going project - have worked on
    Mail Swap Blocks - DONE
    2 BD blocks - DONE (did 3)
    THS Challenge - working on

Comfort blocks/tops
    4 Heart Comfort Blocks - DONE
    2 QOV blocks - DONE
    Top for ChrissyÂs Lucas - DONE
    4 pink/sage blocks - DONE
    3 CHD blocks - DONE

On another note: As some of you know, I'm legally blind in one eye. The other eye has been giving me problems so I went to the eye doc yesterday and he said I was losing my vision. He did some laser zapping which has left me like my glasses need to be cleaned or looking through fog, so no sewing....can't read, computer strains my eyes, so I won't be on as much...this sucks! Value your eyesight and take care of it!!!!! I must say it's better than it was last night so hopefully, it'll be better by the end of the day and May will be as successful as April was.

SharonG/FL

• agoldencomet
    15 years ago

Well, ladies, I joined the forum too late to make a list of April intentions. However, I can tell you what I did get accomplished:

1. Decide what I want to get accomplished in the next six months and pack all the fabric I need for it - to take from Florida to Nova Scotia!

2. Three Black and White squares for the lotto here

3. Design my Black and White and ____ entry for the challenge and bought the necessary fabric. Read a complete quilting book to learn how to make my choice!!

4. Decide and get organized to make two Mother's Day and one May birthday table topper asap.

5. Have a cross-stitch item almost completed to include in a charity preemie quilt.

I would have had one topper completed by now except I broke my ankle (but not my sewing one - LOL) and my partner burned herself (second degree) so we have spent several days in doctor's waiting rooms.

April also included five days on the road travelling home and several days packing and unpacking. So I feel I have done well.

goldie

• bonnie_nmi
    15 years ago

Many of you have put me to shame with your accomplishments this month! With nice weather finally coming, I'm afraid gardening will replace quilting for awhile, but I can't stay completely out of my sewing room. I did manage to get a bit done between trips to the UP and Ann Arbor, just not as much as I had hoped for.

2. Quilt, bind and label larger penguin top. (quilted, binding machine stitched - still needs hand stitching from back and label)
    3. Work toward finishing the older Lover's Knot tops. (This project is starting to sound like your Boston Terrier border, Sharon. LOL I did remove the top that had been made into a duvet cover from its backing, so I've advanced a little.)
    4. Start on DS#1's tee shirt quilt. (Started cutting shirts.)
    5. Variety in crumb blocks. (I've made quite a few with stars, four-patch, square-in-square and pinwheels as part of the design - plus one scrappy little house. Some days it's easier to work with the crumbs than to tackle something larger.)
    7. Added - make and send three April lotto blocks. (DONE)

I'm sure I'll post a few goals for May, but most will probably be carryovers. Sharon, sorry to hear about your vision problems. I hope the laser treatment helps.

Bonnie

• day2day
    15 years ago

Sharon, I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having. Keep a positive attitude. I have a severe disability too, and sometimes it can seem overwhelming. Hopefully the laser treatments will help. Will be saying extra prayers for you.

~Geraldine