SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gk5040

Remodel pebble tec adhesion question

gk5040
16 years ago

We recently had our pool resurfaced with a pebble tec finish. Our tile guy is working on the outdoor kitchen and he takes a dip now and then to cool off. He was in the pool today and "suspects" there could be hollow spots along the edge where the wall and the floor meet. He is not a pool resurfacer, he is a tile, rock waterfall, stone layer guy, so this is not his expertise, nor does he claim to be a pool expert....he was concerned and pointed it out. Could this be possible???? Pebble tec prepped the pool for 2 days and supposidly removed all the hollow areas, then applied a primer of some sort, waited another day, and sprayed the pebble tec. I cant tell if he is right or we are all imagining we feel or hear something different. I tried tapping my foot and I am not sure. If he didnt point it out I would have never suspected or tried to check. I guess my question is . . . could you tell if the new finish was not adheared to the existing pool. Would there be sounds? Could you think you were hearing odd sounds when you tap your foot on the bottom of the pool which is 3 feet under water. I am hoping this is all in our heads. I am going back in the pool tomorrow...I am really not sure if I feel anything odd. Because I am so upset just thinking it could be true, I think I am hearing odd sounds...as you tap (with your foot) up the wall the sound is different but its also closer to the top of the pool. We head out of town soon so I am not calling Pebble tec yet...because I dont know how they would check without draining the pool...which is the last thing I want to do right now. Just looking at the pool you cant tell anything....my first thought is with all the pressure, I would be surprised if water could get between the old and new surfaces. Please tell me I am imagining this:(

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!