Reading about Paula Deen, got me thinking on how different areas pronounce different words.
I'm not sure how to put the word on paper, so it looks the way I want it to sound, but people in some New England states say "roof" as "ruuf" The o is really short. Similar to the way you say "put". We say roof with 2 long oo's.
Last nite on tv they were saying "preezentation" for presentation. I say it like the word "present"
Schedule is another one. Some people say "shedule" I say "skedule"
Any others you notice?
Marilyn Sue
joan_mn
Related Discussions
Does mis-pronounced word bother you?
Q
huh? Oh, that...
Q
Know any good eggcorns?
Q
accents - off topic
Q
azzalea
Georgysmom
marlingardener
western_pa_luann
phyllis__mn
msmarion
dotmom
cynic
sjarz
chisue
cynic
dotmom
cate52
kudzu9
leel
liz
sue36
carol_in_california
jemdandy
ronf_gw
JasdipOriginal Author
wildchild
marilyn_c
nanny98
coral_ok
jemdandy
cynic
dotmom
lowspark
jel48
irishdancersgram
cynic
amyfiddler
amicus
deemarie5500
mama goose_gw zn6OH
orie
ronf_gw
jemdandy
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
mama goose_gw zn6OH
amicus
cynic
sylviatexas1
jannie