SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyfb

Bubblers flailing on baja shelf

Lil B
10 years ago

We are swimming in our new pool build now. There are still some outstanding punch list items. I recently talked to our sup. about how our 2 bubblers on our baja shelf seem to start flailing around crazy after being on for a little while. He said it's due to water turbulence and that the bubblers are having a hard time pushing up straight once the water gets churned up and the wave action is really good. His solution was to drop the water level in the pool. He suggested 1-2". That seems like a lot, since we only have 5" our our baja shelf as it is!! (We originally wanted 8" depth on the shelf, and that was something that didn't happen in the pool build.) Are there any other solutions?

They have already adjusted the bubbler nozzle size to a smaller size. I really don't want to drop the water level. The bubblers seem to work fine for about 30 minutes when the pump is on high. I'm not sure if it's the wind combination or what. Our baja shelf is 17' wide and approx 5' long. We have a rectangular pool 17x34.

Comments (5)