SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
binsp

Ideas for whimsical boardwalk/beach bedroom?

B H
13 years ago

Back in January, I asked for thoughts on what color might have been used in this bedroom:

I eventually found out the color is Benjamin Moore's Pre-Dawn Sky.

I never did get down to our local BM store but found what I think turned out to be a nice substitute in Valspar's "Beet".

I recently acquired this canvas by Colleen Karis that I am planning to use as a "theme" for my daughter's room. She's not yet in it (3 yr old sharing with her twin brother in the "nursery") so for now it's being used as a guest room (rare) but I'm slowly putting her stuff in there - mostly in the dresser, though.

It's a work in progress but I'm kind of stumped on what to add without making it too kitschy. The strand of white Christmas lights along the dresser mirror will be coming down. I'm planning on painting the border of the mirror something to contrast with the Beet.

Along the wall (painted Valspar's Helio Prism - a pinkish-lav) with the windows, I'm planning on hanging colored strands beads from Mexican paper flowers. The ones up there now were my trial run. I need to get more colors. I have 4 strands of beads but may pick up some more.

I found a couple of bird pillows that reminded me of the red bird in the upper left-hand corner of the canvas.

Any other ideas?

I've posted the original link to my "what color is this?" thread below.

THANKS!

Here is a link that might be useful: What color is this?

Comments (8)