SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gina171

Wow! Our Majestic Plum Pebbletec Looks Great!

gina171
15 years ago

Well, it's all in: the new dark taupe/gray slate pool tile, the flagstone coping with lots of darks and variations, and the new Majestic Plum Pebbletec with Shimmering Sea (abalone shells) and all I can say is WOW!!! My 30 year old freeform pool (we bought an old house) looks brand new!

In the shallow end (3.5 feet) it's a cool, light/medium blue with gray undertones; by the time it gets to the deep end (8.5 feet) the blue goes deep, with cool teal undertones, no yellowy undertones at all. Instead of a green tint, it has a blue/teal tint in the deep end. Perfect!!! It's slightly darker than Tahoe Blue, and cooler toned.

Can anyone give me a link to direcions on how to post photos here, and I will post some tomorrow?

I also am going to send photos to PebbleTec corporate, because my pool looks NOTHING like the sample pools they have on their website (all those pools look very light in color) nor does the water come anything close to the sample in all the printed and online materials. Very odd! I only had the courage to go with this based on the encouragement of natural_one (a PB) and cant_wait_to_swim (who has it!), who both recommended it highly. But it truly looks nothing at all like the print ads PebbleTec has out. I think they're really inaccurate on this with their photos and brochure color sample, and are probably killing sales. This really is a slightly deeper, cooler-toned version of Tahoe Blue.

I have an art background, so I kept analyzing the color chip, and with my understanding of color and light, and what I expected SHOULD happen when sun and water refracted over the purple plaster I just couldn't see how the brochure could possibly be accurate...it was like someone telling you that blue plus purple should make light green (IMPOSSIBLE!). Luckily, my guess was right. It does not show purple, it shows cool blue.

So THANK YOU to everyone who listened to me go back and forth over the past few weeks over the decision. I hope everyone finds a color they love as much as I love mine.

I just can't believe I own something so beautiful!

Comments (12)