SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valkyrie4791

How to sell a house on a busy road

valkyrie4791
13 years ago

Our house has been for sale for 2 years. The market where I live is incredibly depressed and unfortunately I am competing with a lot of people who are desperate to sell.

Up until this point I have not been desperate to sell. But now we have bought another home and are going to be making 2 house payments. We put a very large down payment on the home we are selling so it hurts our finances a lot to make huge price reductions.

Our home is one of the nicest on our street. It is in a very nice subdivision. We are priced extremely competitively. However, we are in the corner lot for the subdivision and the front of our home faces a fairly busy road. We are not on top of it, but close enough that it has been the number 1 reason why buyers have not chosen the home.

Buyers and agents alike have said how much they love the home itself, but that the road is a deal breaker. We have a fenced back yard...fairly private. I'm not sure there is anything we can do here but I wanted to get an idea from others who have had to sell on a busy street.

What can we do?

Comments (45)