SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cygnusecks

DalTile 'ProAdvanced Protection System' -- worth it?

cygnusecks
14 years ago

We're in the process of having a $3k granite countertop installed, and just picked out the slab. The sales guy is suggesting we pay an additional $300 for a special sealant which a) is professionally applied, b) is only needed once, c) stays for the life of the countertop, d) inhibits bacteria growth via some kind of "microban" ingredient which is also "lifetime" and e) comes with a 15 year warranty. It's called DalTile ProAdvanced Protection system. I find it odd that I can't find any information about it on DalTile's website. But you can see a pic of it here.

My question is, is this worth it (as opposed to using a generic granite sealer once a year)? My concern is that I don't see how it lasts that long, especially a liquid that is applied to a pretty hard surface. I also am guessing that the warranty process would be a hassle, say, 14 years from now if and when I get a stain. Has anyone had this applied? Results? Any pro's out there really think this is better than previous products? Thanks for your thoughts!!

Comments (17)