SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
curlycue_gw

Carrara look porcelain...Daltile Florentine Carrara?

curlycue
10 years ago

Hi! We are working on a whole-home renovation (while living with family very far away from our new home--aaah!) and most of my my most valuable advice has come from reading the archives of GardenWeb--thank you to all the wonderful contributors!

I have read a lot of posts about carrara-look porcelain alternatives to actual marble. Seems that many products have been discontinued, out of stock, etc. The tile place I'm working with said the best option out there right now is the Daltile Florentine Carrara. We want a honed/matte finish and plan to do large format tiles (12x24) on the shower surround, 2x4 mosaic on the shower floor and 12x12 on the bathroom floor.

I've searched the forum and haven't found anything about this particular tile. I'd love to hear from others who have used this tile...and I'd love even more to see your installed photos!

For others that are interested, the 12x24 & 12x12 are backordered until June, but we're buying 24x24 and having them cut to size. The 2x4 mosaic is in stock & available--all in a honed/matte finish.

Thank you in advance!

Comments (96)