SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

What goes with Peanut Butter?

neetsiepie
16 years ago

We're in the process of reno-ing a bedroom that will be my office. I don't have a photo at this time, but I need help with my color choices.

The walls have plain wainscotting and a highly textured surface above that. The ceiling is red pine I'm going to have painted, and we're installing a light oak laminate on the floors. The room gets great light, but is tiny...just under 100 SF. It's got white plantation shutters I want to keep, but won't be adding any other WT. The room currently is Comet cleanser green on top and white wainscotting. Oh, the door is painted black, thanks to my stepson who used to occupy the room.

I have Behr Peanut Butter to use on the walls, and I was going to use Behr Prelude also, and keep the chair rail and window moldings white. The ceiling would also be white. But now I'm realizing, I do not want to do the Prelude (a grey-blue), since most of my accessories are greens, reds & blacks. And my LR is already in the tan/white/blue scheme, I want something different, I think.

So, what would go good with the Peanut Butter? And where would you use it? On the entire wall? Top half or bottom half? Also, what about the door? Which color to paint it...wall, upper or lower or trim?

I was leaning toward the PB on top, and a brick-y red on the bottom, with the white trim. My desk is actually an old farm house table with white legs and oak top.

Then I thought PB top & bottom with red trim. Then PB bottom, red top, black trim. Then I started thinking, Prelude on the ceiling, for a sky like effect.

I'm sooo confused!! Oh, yes, I have all this paint from previous paint jobs. More than enough of the PB & Prelude to do any of the combos. I'd need to buy a red, IF I went with that. So PLEASE help me make up my mind. What do you all think? I'm totally open to any suggestion...including any other colors that would go with the PB. I am DEFINITELY using the PB, because I love it. Thanks all!

Comments (7)