SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lauren674_gw

Installation Costs? Ikea

lauren674
15 years ago

I have drawn up a nice little kitchen for my Mom & Dad's (elderly folks) house using the Ikea software. (I'd post it if I could figure out how to do that from the Ikea software.)

They need the old beaten down kitchen removed, including an very yucky broken down Roper stove (heavy and disgusting underneath) built in cabinets (too difficult for handicapped old folks to reach/use). They need the subfloor replaced due to water damage over the past 50 years as well. Then, new inexpensive floor (possible black VCT, Ikea cabinets assembled and installed, installation of a dishwasher & new stove, some new electrical outlets pulled, exhaust hole cut for fan. Probably a simple tile backsplash. The job includes five base cabinets and seven wall cabinets, ikea laminate counter top. Dad would buy the materials.

A very good friend has offered to do this work, what would be a reasonable hourly labor price to pay for his 'handy-man' work? He is very experienced, talented with plumbing, and only available due to the economy at this time.

We are in Illinois, Chicago suburb.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus