SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phyl345

anybody have a universal remote ??

phyl345
14 years ago

I know this isn't exactly a decorating question, however, there just isn't much action on the home entertainment forum ... with that said, here is my problem ...

we are getting a new television ... I must admit very little of what the salesman was telling us meant much to me (all that techy stuff) ...

this is what *stuck* with me: in order to be able to have just ONE remote we would need a *universal* remote control ... hubby says to me " are you crazy! $400 so you can have only one remote?!?!) ... I muttered back "I can't handle the confusion of more than one remote" ... needlesstosay, he isn't buying it (my reasoning, that is)

Not sure if this is part of the equation, but I want the remote to be able to activate behind closed doors ... maybe that had something to do with it ... also salesman said something about: a dvr (?) a receiver (?)

good grief, can anybody figure out what i'm trying to say ... anyway, .. bottom line, .. all I'm really asking is do any of you have a universal remote control & is it worth $400 ?

thanks so much

Comments (9)