SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjr220

Do I just need to step away from the plans?

rjr220
14 years ago

I'm waiting for demo to start in a couple of weeks. Install of cabs/counter is scheduled for the 1st week of May! I've been planning this for over a year, and as many of you know and experienced, a great amount of free time is spent on this kitchen planning. I think I have most of the decisions made. Think.

So, during this waiting period I find myself with "free time" and reanalyzing the plan. We are having Shaker style frameless cabs: birch stained "Wild Cherry." I want to avoid too many right angles in the kitchen, so I have brought curves in with the handles, the range hood, the faucet (Grohe K4), and arched bases in the hutch and sink cabinet (and maybe in the baking area).

We are removing this wall between the kitchen and D.R., as well as enlarging the passthrough, and eliminating the step-up of the passthru. I am now wondering if, instead of totally removing the kitchen to DR wall, if I should retain part of the wall and have it made into an arch -- the same for the pass through -- should I have an arched opening there as well? This is the view from the Dining room of said wall: (sorry, no matter what I do I can't get this picture to be smaller)

{{!gwi}}

and here is the same wall from the kitchen (the SubZero's will be gone). There will be a built in hutch along the wall on the left, leading into the DR.

{{!gwi}}

Here is the passthrough: the cabinet to the right (the one with the handy knife rack) will be gone, and the cabs above the sink -- gone. The sink will basically be in the same position. The pass thru will be one level

{{!gwi}}

In considering these arches, am I overthinking the curved lines a bit? Do I need to step away from the plans and take up a new hobby for the next few weeks? I think my husband is happy to be out of town while we wait so that he's missing my constant bombardment of questions.

Oh, and here's the current floor plan. It isn't exact yet, my cab maker will meet with me to discuss changes (seems that he's used to people making changes as they wait . . . .). Tall dishdrawer is gone, replaced with another bank of drawers.

{{!gwi}}

Thanks for listening, Rita

Comments (6)