SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
geobrick

Wiring wrong on IntelliPro to EasyTouch (and maybe heater too)

geobrick
13 years ago

After fixing a collapsed pipe (separate thread), I started the system and began to consider different pump speeds for the various running modes (spa, pool, heater).

Without getting into all the details, the easy touch allows the 4 different speeds to be assigned to the various modes. Each of the 4 speed presets can be programmed with speeds between 300 and 3450 RPMs.

Well changing the speeds on the easytouch was not changing the speed of the motor and when I looked at the manuals to trouble shoot, I noticed that when you're using an Intellipro with an external controller, the 240 V power is supposed to be wired direct to the pump from the breaker without going through a relay.

But that's not how the electrician wired it. He wired the pump to the Filter pump relay.

OK, I can fix that but then I noticed that the MaxE gas heater IS wired directly to the 240 breaker. Did he just mix these up or is the Heater also supposed to be wired direct to the power circuit (not through a relay). The instructions for the MaxE are silent on this. It only says to make sure any breaker that can turn the pump off must also turn off the heater. In my case, they are both wired to the same breaker.

Please let me know what you know about the power wiring for the MaxE heater and IntelliPro.

Thanks.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21