SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suellen_delawares

Christmas/Winter in July swap?????

suellen_delawares
16 years ago

Is anyone interested in a Christmas/Winter in July swap? If your interested do you have any ideas? I was thinking some thing small so it is not very time consuming. Also because not everyone celebrates Christmas everyone participating would need to post if they wanted a Christmas gift or a Winter gift.

Suellen

My winter wonderland

Comments (13)

• mrseldoo
    16 years ago

Would love to do this! I have seen cute swaps before where you have a "scavenger list" and the person's preferences.

Example 1. something green 2. something handmade 3. something sweet

Jen

• lockeb
    16 years ago

Sounds like found - count me in as well....
    Bill

• robin1962_2008
    16 years ago

I would love to do this!!Count me in!!

• nanajayne
    16 years ago

Sounds like it would be interesting, but I'm not sure what kind of items you mean. I ready to try. Jayne

• suellen_delawares
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Since I have never hosted a swap I looked back at the directions from previous swaps and came up with this:
    The swap will be a handmade item
    I want to make it simple so that all skill levels can participate
    You can make anything you want but you have to use one of these two blocks in it:
    SNOW CHURN BLOCK
    {{!gwi}}(picture from QuiltersCache)
    http://www.quilterscache.com/S/SnowChurnBlock.html

SNOW BALL BLOCK
    (picture from QuiltersCache)
    http://www.quilterscache.com/S/SnowballBlock.html

To help each other post ideas of what can be made with the block

Everyone gets to decide if they want a Christmas block or a Winter block. Post your choice on this thread.
    The quilter/giver has the choice as to color, which block and what is made with the block.
    Juvenile prints are ok

I will mix up the names and e-mail you your surprise swap partner between April 1st and April 5th
    Packages need to be sent to your swap partner so that they arrive no later than July 15th.

I will start a new thread for you to post that you have mailed your surprise package (donÂt say to whom),
    post when you have received your surprise package (it's ok at that point to reveal who sent you your surprise) and
    post your pictures on this thread too. DonÂt forget the pictures. We all love to see pictures.

To sign up, post here and please e-mail me via the forum with your name, address, e-mail and forum name. I'll send a confirming e-mail to you directly so you have my direct e-mail. The last day to sign up will be April 1st.

I think (hope) that covers everything. Post if I missed anything or if you have any questions.

Suellen

• mrseldoo
    16 years ago

When will the mail out deadline be?

What else do we need to include beside the handmade item? Also you are talking about making an item out of the block? Or just sending an unfinished block?

• froggyquilter
    16 years ago

i am interested also - you can count me in. I might be a little slow but is this just a one-block swap thing - or it is something besides a block???

• suellen_delawares
    Original Author
    16 years ago

"When will the mail out deadline be?"
    Packages need to be sent to your swap partner so that they arrive no later than July 15th.

"What else do we need to include beside the handmade item?"
    I looked at other swaps to get this answer:
    You can add something small to your package if you want but don't spend more than $10

"Also you are talking about making an item out of the block?"
    Yes such as a
    Potholder: http://quickquilts.com/curiss/704_bounty_potholder/
    Small tote bag: http://home.howstuffworks.com/frequent-flowers-quilted-tote-bag-pattern.htm
    Photo album cover: http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/ideas/projects/objectsgarmentsother/photoalbums_1.html
    Pincushion: http://thedomesticdiva.wordpress.com/2007/11/02/stick-a-pin-in-itsewing-pincushions/
    etc. . .
    My idea is to make this swap simple and not very time consuming so that busy people and people involved in other swap can easily join in the fun.
    Did I mention to KEEP IT SIMPLE?

Suellen

• suellen_delawares
    Original Author
    16 years ago

These are the quilters I have so far for this swap. Let me know if this is not right.
    lockeb
    robin1962-2008
    nanajayne
    mrseldoo

Please-email me via the forum with your name, address, e-mail and forum name. I'll send a confirming e-mail to you directly so you have my direct e-mail. The last day to sign up will be April 1st.

Suellen

• mrseldoo
    16 years ago

Suellen,
    Do we have to use one of those two blocks? Or could we use another if it is snow themed, like a snow flake or snow man?

• suellen_delawares
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Please be patient with me I haven't done a swap before.

My idea is to make this swap simple and not very time consuming so that busy people and people involved in other swap can easily join in the fun.
    I want to keep this simple so that all skill levels can participate

1) The swap will be a handmade item such as a potholder, small tote, pincushion etc. . .
    2) Everyone gets to decide if they want a Christmas theme or a Winter theme and post it on this thread.

THIS PART HAS CHANGED
    3) The quilter has the choice as to color, block design and what is made with the block
    >>>>>>>The question was posted asking if another block could be used. It would keep it
    >>>>>>>simipler/easier if quilters get to make a block they are comfortable with.
    >>>>>>>The Snow Churn and Snow Ball blocks will be only a suggestion

4) Juvenile prints are ok
    5) You can add something small to your package if you want but don't spend more than $10
    6) I will mix up the names and e-mail you your surprise swap partner between April 1st and April 5th
    7) Packages need to be sent to your swap partner so that they arrive no later than July 15th.
    8) I will start a new thread for you to post that you have mailed your surprise package (donÂt say to whom),
    9) Post when you have received your surprise package (it's ok at that point to reveal who sent you your surprise)
    10)Post your pictures on this thread too. DonÂt forget the pictures. We all love to see pictures.
    11)To sign up, post here and please e-mail me via the forum with your name, address, e-mail and forum name.
    12)I'll send a confirming e-mail to you directly so you have my direct e-mail.

1. The last day to sign up will be April 1st

Did I mention to KEEP IT SIMPLE?

Suellen

• lockeb
    16 years ago

Hi Suellen,
    I'm sorry - I'm going to pull myself out of this swap....I already have several swaps underway here and with another group...I think I'll stick to these for the moment - and will join more when these move further along.
    Thanks for your understanding.
    Bill

• suellen_delawares
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I started a new thread for the sign up list. The link to that thread is below
    Suellen

Here is a link that might be useful: sign up thread

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living