SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
holligator_gw

Need some help with lighting over the table

holligator
16 years ago

Here's the problem...I didn't put any thought into the location of the light fixture for the eat-in area of my kitchen. I just told the electrician to put it in the same spot where it had been when our kitchen and dining room were separate rooms. I knew that it needed to be centered in front of the window, but it should not have been centered in the room. It did not occur to me that the fact that I was orienting the table perpendicular to how it had been would be a problem. Where the hole for the light fixture is now, it will not be centered over our table. It will be, instead, over about the one-quarter mark of the table.

Now, if I had plaster ceilings, it would not be that big a deal to move the hole. But I don't. I have tongue and groove pine ceilings and there is no way to repair the cut out area without a major ordeal. That simply is not an option at this point.

So, I need another solution. Ideally, the hole would be about 16-20" from where it is now. My first thought was to look for a fixture that had a rectangular ceiling mount that would cover the existing hole. So far, I haven't found one like this that would fit in my kitchen. The pic below is the fixture I had picked out from Rejuvenation. Has anyone seen something along those lines with a rectangular mount?

Here's the kind of mount I'm talking about (but NOT this style)...

I also thought about doing multiple, separate pendants over the table, but with three over the island and one over the sink, it just seems too much.

Thoughts? Ideas??

Comments (9)