SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_mocha

Bedroom Update/Opinion for drapes/headboard

lisa_mocha
15 years ago

Hi there,

I finally received the mirror tables I had ordered for my bedroomÂI really like them. They add a little brightness rather than another dark piece of furniture.

Note:Walls are now all creamy colour-the brown wall in 1 pic below has been re-painted.

Still have a few decisions to make & would love some inputÂ

1) Which drapes would you go with? The brown velvet or the blue silk?

2) Was going to wallpaper on 1 wall behind headboard, but decided not to go that way.

Would you do wall panelling (thin mouldings) or would it look too busy?

3)Last questionÂI have a few duvet covers. 1) Duvet that matches the brown & white cushion on the chair. I would fold at bottom instead of faux fur for the spring/summer (duvet not shown-but identical pattern to brown & white cushion). 2) Bedding as you now see in these pics (ivory duvet + fur at bottom) and last set 3) the blue, brown & white shown with brown fabric thrown over the headboard.

As I like to change bedding looks, what is the best fabric /colour for the headboard? ?

The beige that it is now is kind of a strange beige-looks pinky in the pictures. Should I have headboard reupholstered in brown velvetÂor ivory fabric or even a white twill? I canÂt decide!!

(Maybe brown and then have a Âslipcover made in white twill for summer??)I just can't seem to figure out what is the best route to go... Brown might be best-but I do love ivory & white.

Thanks for any guidance:)

L.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022