SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vwhippiechick

Almost finished but stalled!! Pix

vwhippiechick
16 years ago

Our DIY kitchen remodel is essentially done with the exception of the finishing touches.

1. curtain for window in door

2. backsplash (like dozens of others on this forum)

3. corbel decision

4. marble decision

DH didn't care for the first curtain I made for the window in the door. So back to square one. Considering a roman shade. Any suggestions?

Can't even speculate on backsplash - too overwhelming. We want something to go with the "farmhouse" look we are going for. This would only go in the area of the painted cabinets.

Considering corbels for the cream painted cabinets but also considering corbels under the Alder cabinets. We may replace a section of soapstone counter with marble. This would go in the area of the Alder cabinets to set this apart and make it look more like a piece of furniture. The marble would go from the wall on the left of the alder cabinets to the left side of the dishwasher and up the full height of the backsplash. (The marble would butt up against the soapstone - so not sure if there would be any problems with this??) I think corbels would look very nice here. But don't want to overdo with the corbels. THis was our original plan but this section of soapstone was only $100 more dollars so we decided to begin with that and make the decision on the marble later. So options are corbels under the painted cabinets or marble plus corbels under the alder cabinets.

I realize this is a broad area for one post but

I would appreciate any thoughts on these items as I need a little help finishing up. We have moved on to a bathroom remodel so I am about out of creativity at this point. Thanks so much for your responses!!

{{!gwi}}

Comments (33)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor