SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
country_sunflower

Looks like I am marrying a country boy....

Country Sunflower
12 years ago

I was raised up a country girl... and so living out here in the sticks on a little chunk of ground with no other houses in sight, (at least not in the summer).. is like Paradise to me...

Well, I prayed to God that if I were to have a new man in my life after my husband passed away, that He send to me a country boy... and my prayer was answered... and holy moly joe.. My country boy moved right on over here to Tennessee from Missouri / Iowa....(he has two homes) and commenced to buying tractors, and all the implements that go with it... He already had a large (25') trailer, and a honkin heavey duty pick up to haul it with, and a variety of other country pieces of equipment.. like a backhoe/front end loader with a bush hog...etc...

Well my crazy fellow just got done haveing 469 tomato plants put in the ground.. along with Lord only knows how many peppers of various types.... not to mention 151 blueberry bushes. He has purchased peach, pear, apple, cherry and fig trees and planted them... and is working on making a grape arbor for planting no less than 6 difference grapes.... and some raspberries, thornless blackberries, and 100 strawberry plants... Next he plans to plant an acre of sweet corn, (both early and late varieties) and some okra, cukes, squash, cantalopes, and watermelons.... The man is having the time of his life...

All I need to do is water if I want to..... and he will take care of the rest...

He says his prayer was answered as well... as his 2 ex wives were strictly city girls and had no interest in living in the country....so looks like we both hit the jackpot this time around...

Now what to do with all these tomatos????? LOL He wants to take this stuff to a farmers market to sell .... What a cool hobby eh??

Carolyn

Comments (38)