SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stie9790_gw

Kitchen Layout & Design - Update

stie9790
12 years ago

Hello everybody,

Last time I posted, I was looking for feedback on my kitchen layout. To be honest it hasn't changed much since then. My previous post is located here if you missed it:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg1110202532059.html

Since then, I've decided to use Conestoga RTA cabinets, so I've been spending a decent amount of time coming up with my wall elevations and planning which cabinets I will purchase. The wife and I have spent a lot of time working out the "Kitchen Inventory" list and planning what types of cabinetry we need and where things will go, I think we're very close at this point.

The main point of my previous post was in regards to what I thought was a Butler's Pantry. As that post evolved, I learned that we wanted to use it more as a "Scullery" than anything else. Since then, we've decided to make it a baking preparation / scullery room. We didn't feel the need for double ovens anywhere, so we're sticking with the single dual fuel range in the main kitchen area, thus the "baking prep" label.

We're planning on having two dishwashers. I know some people think it's weird, but too many times already in our current 1960's orange kitchen we've found ourselves handwashing dishes while the dishwasher is running full of mixing bowls, whisks, stand mixer parts, food processor parts, etc., so we decided "why not" and went for the 2 DW's.

Because this will be largely a DIY project, with the exception of plumbing and drywall, I want to get the design as final as possible so I can start planning/executing other things like electrical wiring and subfloor once the demo is complete. Speaking of electrical, I have another post going on that in the electrical forum if anybody is interested:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/wiring/msg0221201913779.html

OK, without further adieu my current plan layout and wall elevations are below, as well as our current notes for storage. This isn't final, but it's pretty close, and I think it'll be fun to get your feedback on them.

Oh, and ignore the range, that was just a placeholder, it will be a slide in dual fuel.

Thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County