SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
californiadreamer_gw

Need advice about above the sink lighting

californiadreamer
16 years ago

Hi ~

I am nearing the end of my kitchen remodel and am exhausted. I had NO IDEA how much work this would be and how many decisions I would have to make. I just found out my pendent lighting has been backordered until mid-May. I had planned to put it over the sink. I didn't quite love it so maybe it is okay. I had wanted a matching dining room light, and that was hard to find as well (the dining room is adjoining to the kitchen). Now I am actually wondering if a pendent light is the best option for this space anyway. I have 5 cans in the ceiling, and will have undercabinet lighting installed soon. My window will be dressed with a matching silestone sill and a wood frame will be made with a wood stain that matches the cabinets. Maybe a window treatment will come later, and I will probably paint later as well. The flooring is going to be a Mannington lino with similar earthtones.

I am attaching a picture of my "in progress" kitchen. Would you recommend a pendent, or maybe just another can? If so, same size can or smaller? I am new to all this, and greatly appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you, in advance, for your time.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living