SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skp1020_gw

Tumbled Marble Pavers

skp1020
16 years ago

We are putting a gold/beige tumbled marble paver around our pool for our decking. It will be laid in 4 different sizes as my pattern. I have had several pallets of materal brought to my home and found that about 50% had major flaws. My eye tells me that if the piece has holes that are larger than a dime, then that is not acceptable. I am concerned about the look and also cutting someones toe. In additon if I see a surface scape that has a powdery substance, I think that this is not good tile and should be discarded. I know that tumbled marble is a natural stone, but I have noticed so many flaws, that I contacted my pb and they are aware and say that they will fix it and pull any tiles once installed. Well, they installed about 1/3 of my 2000 sq ft and I have a problem with about 20-25% of what was laid. the supervisor of the job (he wasn't there while the sub crew laid tile yesterday) came to meet me this morning and saw it and agreed. I am paying a premium to have my pb do the decking as I wanted one person to accept responcibilty for the entire project. I think that I should be getting premium tumbled marble...agree? I think that marble may come in different grades?? Anyone with any experience, please give me your opinion please. I am a very fair person and have high expectations as my project is a lot of money. Also I feel that there should be someone smart enough to understand what is good and what is bad, without me being the "supervisor" on the job.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!