SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindamarie_gw

sloppy Marcite renovation.....What to do?

lindamarie
15 years ago

I am in the middle of a marcite gunite pool resurface. I am using this product from FL Stucco because it is the only product I could purchase here in MS. I have a fellow doing this job that had worked with Diamond Brite in FL for 12 years (so he said). I have looked at the FL Stucco website and my pool job does not look like that!

The worst part is that it looks way too thin to me. I measured a chipped out spot on the bottom at just a bit over 1/4" I was told by the manufacturer that the walls should be applied at 1/4" allowed to take up adequately and built up to 3/8", the floor to 1/2".

This guy insists on applying a thin layer then going back and smoothing it a little without applying more material.

At this point I have my pool floor cut with lines in the material to do another coat on top. I do not believe that this is proper application.

He did the whirlpool the same way yesterday. It is a mess also. The marcite is not smooth, it is bumpy and swurly. It looks like a bad spackle job. Some tiles are chipped and broken.

I have marsite all over the tiles, brick coping and cement decking. I am constantly going around with water, a wire brush and acid water trying to clean it. Pool guy complains I am splashing water. I slopily just walks around with marcite on his boots everywhere. It just looks bad with Marcite on the cobalt planters, tile table and chairs, wet dry vac. etc.

I had thought about telling him to get lost and finish the job myself. He is just not going to do any better and I could't do any worse.

Tuesday he showed up not ready to work. Today he didn't show up at all.

Comment (1)