SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole___gw

Contract on property for water tower access, question.....?

nicole__
14 years ago

19 years ago we purchased a flag lot that backs against open space, with a water tower behind our home. The tower is about 1/3 of a mile behind our home....ok. The two homes next to us have easements on their property, but have landscaped to make their lots impassable, so the previous owner of my home entered into a access contract that states it goes with the land. They built the guys 213' long driveway for him and installed a broken water meter so he had free water while he lived here, 7 years. The problem is.....they bring up front end loaders which is a violation of the load limit on our property, come up in droves when the contract states they can come up "an average" of once a day. :0) Yes.....that is interpretable. The access has lawn planted on it to keep erosion down, with a sprinkler system. They have the habit of parking on the lawn and hanging out with the engine running for 20 minutes at a time, waiting for someone to come uplock the gate. Flicking cigarette butts, dripping oil from the vehicles and tracking mud and gravel onto my colored cement driveway when they come and go. They spin their tires and rev their truck engines as they travel at breakneck speeds!

There is an empty lot nearby, owned by another city, which would give them access....if they asked for it or entered into a contract or purchased access. Can "I" make them do this?

I'd like to get them OFF my property....permanently! Never to see them again and get some privacy. Is this possible?

This is my back yard...

Comments (27)