SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marys235_gw

Roots in the sewage pipe

marys235
10 years ago

I am getting ready to list my house, I've lived there about 10 years. When I first moved in, I had to have the sewer pipe cleared out a couple of times, because of roots. Now I put Rootx down the pipes 2x year, and have not had to have the pipe cleaned out in at least 5 years, and that time was just when I forgot to use the Rootx. My realtor told me that I did not need to disclose it, since I haven't had to clean out the pipes in so long, but I don't feel comfortable not disclosing it, I feel like my seller should have disclosed it and didn't, and really didn't appreciate finding out the hard way. So I plan to disclose it.

My question is, is that the type of thing that people would insist on having repaired, or is it considered acceptable to have to put root killer down the pipes regularly? The roots are in the cast iron sewage pipe under the house, so there's no easy way to fix it. The line from the house out to the main line is pvc, and has no issues, it's just the line under the house. I guess I'd have to have it relined, and also am guessing it would cost in the $5,000 range, but I'm not sure. It seems like the problem couldn't be that bad, since the Rootx seems to take care of it.

Comments (16)