SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arbpdl

How Can I Replicate This? Or Find it Cheaper?

arbpdl
11 years ago

I've been pining after a "faux candle" chandelier ever since I first saw the Harry Potter movie way way back when.

I really like Pottery Barn's Veranda but it doesn't fit my budget. Even more I like some of the Restoration Hardware versions. Those are even higher.

Home Depot has a knock off that's nice but still more than I can afford.

I keep thinking there's got to be a way to simply get those shades, or create some from glass cylinders, and use with any old chandelier. After all, it's the shades that make it look like candles, not the fixture itself.

I've searched and searched, but no one has those kind of shades. I did find genuin PB replacement ones on ebay but they are $25 each and the chandelier I have in mind using has 5 arms, that's still $125 and if I'm going to spend that, I'd rather save and just get the real thing.

Anyone know of a cheaper knock off? Or a place to buy those kind of glass shades?

If someone is selling one on craigslist where you are, I'd gladly pay for you to ship it to me!! I've been watching my CL like a hawk but the closest one isn't really close enough to what I want.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pottery Barn's Veranda

This post was edited by beth0301 on Sun, Apr 7, 13 at 20:32

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida