SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homeagain_gw

Black dining room...I did it....sort of

homeagain
13 years ago

I posted a few weeks ago about a burning desire to paint my dining room and study SW Black Fox. Everyone thought the dining room would look great but that the study would be too much. Well, I decided not to do the black fox because the online inspiration photo I kept coming back to was BM Iron Mountain. I've just put the first coat on and plan to do the second this weekend.

My original thought was to do Ivory Dupioni silk panels at the windows but before spending a fortune on silk I decided to pick up some ready made ones at to see how it was going to look. While at the store I found these great Gray/blue drapes that I love and am now thinking that I may do them instead as I really like them against the dark walls.

So, thoughts please? Ivory drapes or gray/blue. The chairs are upholstered in a sage green damask which can't be changed at this time. I do plan to replace the rug with this one.

I'd also like your thoughts on the photos on the buffet. I had these up before (not over the buffet) and am not not whether I should use them again

which drapes?

this rug?

I need to take better photos. These are with an iphone. I can't find my camera.

Comments (39)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz